Monday, January 2, 2012

Not a friend to wreaths

Today, I continued my path of Wanton Destruction through the Year 2012 by damaging a holiday wreath stored in a closet at the gym I teach at. I crushed it with my Mighty Yoga Mat, weapon of choice for distracted yoga teachers who are in-a-hurry-to-get-to-class.

The wreath belonged to my boss, so I'm pretty sure this is a 'fail.' Somebody get me a glue gun!

I'm blaming it, of course, on the Gremlin. Sore shoulder, weak grip, I dropped the mat, blah, blah, blah. I can't wait to see what disaster awaits me tomorrow. So far, this has been the Year of Accidents Waiting to Happen. I'm SO on a roll.

It feels good to be back into my shala routine this week. My teacher was away during the holidays. A few of us practised together in her absence and though it was good fun, she was greatly missed. I was very happy to see her this morning.

Of course, I was *totally* up to no good during those carefree days of non-supervision. I still am to a certain degree, though with fewer flourishes. I think 2012 is going to be a good year for yoga! :-)




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

sereneflavor said...

Just don't drop anything on yourself or the princess. Oh, and what kind of cruel game is this? I get you, back and I lose Boodiba!

Kaivalya said...

@Serene
Yeah, seriously, what's up with Boodi? It's like Goa devoured her like a black hole! Dangerous place (and the polar opposite of Mysore, which seems to make people blog *more*).

Back when I stopped blogging, I took over her comments section more than once. So Boodi - if you're out there, feel free to camp out on my blog. I've left the light on for you!

Loo said...

this is #2 ... but so far they have all been of the 3 Stooges variety, so personally, I'm looking forward to the #3 (I clutch my keys when getting on the elevator now and who likes wreathes? they just get dusty)

Carry on.