Sunday, December 5, 2010

Iyengar/Restorative

I kept my promise to myself and eased off of vinyasa practice this weekend. Today, I took it down another notch and did an Iyengar-style restorative practice in the evening, based on an Iyengar sequence that boosts immunity. I prepped with a long, hot salt bath, then I blissed out over blocks and bolsters, finishing my practice with Viparita Karani and a leisurely Savasana.

The immunity-boosting practice was strategic - I woke this morning with a scratchy throat and sore sinuses. I've been using my neti pot all day and taking supplements to fight this off. It's absolutely the *last* thing I need right now, given that I'm moving into my last week of a heavy teaching, plus my LH is due any moment now.

*sigh*

So I'm grumpy, sniffly and I have no idea what kind of practice I'll be doing in the morning. I'm planning to get a good night's sleep and see what the dawn brings.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Loo said...

I had a sore throat and the sniffles on saturday and then took the castor bath ... and feel better! still a little congested but my energy definitely perked up.

Rachel said...

You may try Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa (ninjiom-hk.cwahi.net). i know alot of people use it, its also non alcoholic, though it's effectiveness is not as good as alcohol based cough medicine, but it's still good to use on not so serious scratchy throat.