Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hatha

My inner-party-animal is alive and well! I was out VERY late last night into the wee hours, hanging out in a pub and laughing with friends. It was SO much fun! Then I slept in until 10! I can’t remember the last time I slept in so late! Decadent :-) It was exactly what I needed to lift my spirits.

But I’m still feeling a bit tired and disoriented. I really and truly ‘took a break’ today. I did a little bit of Hatha yoga this morning, but no more than 15 minutes because I was pressed for time.

********************
Yesterday, I took my weekly State-of-the-Backbend photo (I didn’t get around to this last week):

No big changes here. I’m still in a ‘holding pattern.’

********************
My State-of-the-Dropback video clip shows some good progress, especially in contrast to the last time I filmed myself:



My feet are closer together, toes are not ‘pointing out’ *quite* as much and my landing is much more graceful. Heels are still on the floor throughout!

********************
I also filmed a ‘State-of-the-Stand-Up’ video, but I’m not going to share it here because I don’t feel quite ready to share the ‘State-of-My-Messy-Desk’ with the wider Internet (and that clip offers an panoramic view!).

Maybe next time! ;-)

4 comments:

Boodiba said...

I went to bed at 8pm last night :) I've settled into a not-really-social-at-all mode, though at least I saw LK & M for a couple hours Fri...

Arturo said...

Dear Kai
Hmm, I should splay my feet to see what happens next time I attempt. They say it's OK to do whatever to get you to drop back. Once you do it regularly, then you try to get them not to splay. The Buddha corner looks cheery.
hugs
Arturo

Kaivalya said...

@Boodi
You're being really good! I was up until nearly midnight last night goofing around on the Internet and reading. BAD. Now I'll be 'off my schedule' going into the week. I woke up at 7 a.m. too. Will need to nap today.

@Arturo
When I took the workshop with DR at Shala North, he advised me to take my stance really wide and angle my feet however I wanted. The key is to just drop back, then start the fine tuning. For me, I needed to get over The Fear, then I could start setting up with better alignment.

Arturo said...

dear Kai, that sounds like good advice. I think Lino used to say the same, plus bend the legs a lot. this week i'm more of a yoga crit than practitioners, haha. hugs
Arturo