Friday, September 24, 2010

Astanga

I was struck with ‘Full Moon Insomnia’ around 2:30 a.m. last night. Rather than stare at the ceiling and suffer, I turned on the light and read for awhile (I’m finally reading Mohan’s biography of Krishnamacharya and it’s *amazing*).

When it became clear that I wasn’t falling asleep anytime soon, I gave up on sleep and got up. I did all of the cleaning, walked the dog, took out the trash/recycling, and did the laundry. I finished all of this up by around 5:30 a.m. Then I did my practice (and went grocery shopping after - my entire day was complete by 8:30!)

I had a great practice. I did a led Primary with Sharath’s CD and didn’t add any extras (though I did rest for a long time after). The apartment was so warm I didn’t need to turn on the heater (we’re having an autumn heat wave today). I was sweating buckets! I didn’t feel sleep-deprived at all. I felt strong and energetic throughout my practice and I wasn’t particularly tired afterwards either.

I’m still wired. I tried to take a nap this afternoon and couldn’t fall asleep. I’ve been getting a huge amount of work done though, so I’m just rolling with it.

********************

I think I’ve taken about a thousand photographs of Princess Fur sleeping. I know my sleeping dog is probably “sooooo cute” mostly to me, but I thought it was adorable the way she had her legs stretched out here. She was just waking up (trying to ignore my all-night antics).


2 comments:

Erica said...

you have a mini Schnauzer?? jealous!

Kaivalya said...

@Erica
Yup! She's a purebred Miniature Schnauzer. She's was almost a show dog, but grew too big so they sold her as a pet. She's just a half-and-inch too tall for show show standards (but perfectly qualified to be my furry sidekick).