Friday, September 17, 2010

Astanga

This morning, I slept in...until 7 a.m. *politeapplause* Yeah, I know. Decadent of me!

I meditated for five minutes, then did a led Primary Series with Sharath’s CD. I love how the count in this recording feels ‘too slow’ and ‘too fast’ depending on what pose I’m in

Marichyasana D: Too fast.

Uth Pluthi: Too slow.

And (this is a first)...

Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana: Just right.

I can’t seem to balance Utthita Hasta if I’m in a Shala, but I have no trouble doing it at home. Weird.

And Sirsasana? I could have easily held it for another 15 counts! Apparently, all of the looooong holds I’ve been doing this week are having the desired effect: I’m getting stronger. Yay. Now I need to apply the same discipline to Uth Pluthi!

In celebration of my second six-day week of Intermediate Series practice, I took myself out for a sushi lunch this afternoon, then wandered around the neighbourhood shops.

I’ve been looking around for a good stainless steel travel mug because I’m trying to banish plastic from my life. You would think this would be an easy find, but I’ve had no luck so far. I’m looking around online too. I’m very picky! I want something durable. It can’t leak. Bonus points if it’s orange.

I also stopped at the India store to see if they had a small brass Patanjali. No luck. She hasn’t had one in for months. Oh well. The posse will have to do without him.

*******************

Princess Fur Friday

Ever since Princess Fur had her front teeth extracted, she’s had a bit of a ‘tongue problem’. Apparently, those teeth were keeping her tongue contained!

Now, it sticks out.

I think it’s kind of cute!

*******************
I created a page for this blog on Facebook (you'll see the link in the left-hand sidebar).

For the first few hours it was up, I had NO friends. It felt just like high school. In fact, I was feeling too insecure to even 'like' myself! (and that's *exactly* like high school).

But then a friend in Montreal saved me from the horrors of unpopularity by being the first to 'like' my page. So I decided to 'like' myself too and now a bunch of other people like me. Well, okay, just three...but still!!!

It's starting to feel more like university! Maybe I'm not such a loser after all! Maybe I'll get invited to a party! ;-)

I'm not sure what I'm actually going to *do* with this page, but for now, it's just nifty and fun.

It feels so serious and official (I love how the box says "Find us" as if I had a split personality or was running a political campaign).

Don't worry, I'm not going to run for mayor or anything. I promise!





6 comments:

Unknown said...

aw my silly kitty sometimes has her tongue sticking out and I don't think she realizes it! totally blows her dignified persona.

LI Ashtangini said...

Cute schnauzer!!!!

Kaivalya said...

@Alice
Yeah, it's really hard to take Fur *too* seriously when her tongue is poking out!

@LI
Thanks! :-) She's my #1 distraction when I'm practising at home. Its always tempting take a 'Schnauzer Break'.

Boodiba said...

I'm surprised by this blog / Facebook crossover :)

Kaivalya said...

@Boodi
You don't need to start worrying until I put ADS on the blog. *That's* when you can call the white coats to take me away to the funny farm, because I'll have surely lost my mind!

I'm on Twitter a lot and the FB page has a seamless export to Twitter, which makes it easier to post links and videos from my iPad.

And I wanted to have a FB presence that wasn't directly linked to my 'real name' (though that's pretty much a big joke now - the whole world knows exactly who I am...oh well!).

Boodiba said...

Ya the jig's up in terms of secrecy I'm betting :)