Saturday, May 1, 2010

Restorative

Last night was so much fun! This was the last chapter of my extended birthday celebrations. I managed to get tipsy on one just one Caesar, which is fairly typical; I’m the cheapest of drunks! We were at a student pub, but a nice one with good, inexpensive food. The place got louder and louder as the night went on. It was so great seeing my friends! I laughed until my ribs hurt. There were some priceless moments in there.

Vodka is like a truth serum with me and I was totally wearing my heart on my sleeve. I’m afraid I revealed a little too much, which will certainly be fodder for much ribbing later on! I’m bracing myself :-D

On the way home, I stopped by the drugstore for allergy meds and also picked up some more Epsom salts on sale. So there I was, 1 a.m., staggering down the street with 8 kilograms of the stuff draped off of me. I looked like a bag lady!

It was so nice to sleep in this morning! I stuck to my resolve to take it easy on myself. I took a long epsom salt bath, then lolled around on my mat in restorative yoga poses for an hour. I was all blissed out, I needed the rest! Tomorrow will be intense, with led Primary in the morning and a workshop at Shala North for most of the afternoon.

It’s been raining all day here. I’ve been camped out in my window seat, eating chocolate cookies from the Market and drinking chai, but the sun just peeked out and it’s clearing. I think I’ll walk Princess Fur to the Big Park this afternoon. I’m feeling restless and we both need to stretch our legs.

2 comments:

alfia said...

Happy belated birthday, Kai! I wish you 95 more years of intense yoga practice. Then you can slow down a little. :)

Kaivalya said...

@Alfia
Thanks! 95 years - that’s long enough to learn how stand up from a backbend...maybe?