Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Vinyasa

I’m finally moving past the discomfort of my Lady’s Holiday, but also facing up to my Holiday Weight Gain. It was so easy to attribute the new pudge around my middle to bloating, but it’s not just bloating. Ug. I’ll be eating healthier in the new year. I think I need a plan - something structured. I’m tempted to say ‘CR’ but I’ve had a hard time going back to that discipline.

Now that I’ve planted the seed, I’ll figure it out.

I did a quick vinyasa practice in the morning, Power Yoga #5, 25 minutes with Jamie. I love this particular sequence, but I love it even more in the 20ish minute format. All the fluff is taken out and it’s just pure vinyasa from start to finish. Jamie doesn’t over-teach in this one - the cues are solid and clear.

2 comments:

Rebecca Sue Peters said...

I am doing the 21 day vegan kickstart by the Physician's Committee for Responsible Medicine: http://kickstartdev.pcrm.org/

It starts Jan 1st and they are providing meal plans and grocery lists. There is also a forum for questions.

It looks like a lot of fun to me!

Kaivalya said...

@Rebecca
One other person I know is doing that Vegan Kickstart too and it sounds great. I'm impressed that the PCRM is offering it.