Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Astanga

I was so tired this morning. But I started my day at the usual time because I've discovered that when I don't, I feel out of sorts of the rest of the day. Better to take a nap around lunchtime if I need the extra sleep - and that's exactly what I did.

Despite my weariness, practice was good. Some days, I just have to unroll the mat and jump on without overthinking it too much. I was done by 9:15.The Beryl half-Primary is a bit over an hour. During Janu Sirsasana A, I caught myself studying my fingernails and silently reprimanded myself. My focus was good the rest of the practice (though I did pause to pet Princess Fur once or twice).

Skipped: Janu Sirsasana C, Uttana Padasana. And I don't do Urdhva Dhanurasana when I'm practising half-Primary.

The rest of the day is teaching and a few errands. The grocery store near the gym overcharged me by $5 yesterday. Mainly, it's the principle of the thing, but I also want my five bucks back. I don't see how that extra charge (for a tort? from the bakery?) could be accidental. I'm a little bit steamed about it and trying not to be. It's silly, but I'm annoyed.

After my last class tonight, I'm getting my Swine Shot. I tried earlier today, but there was a wait. Apparently, there are no line-ups in the late evening and I'll be in that area anyway. So much for going to bed early, though.

2 comments:

cristina said...

At what time do you use to get up ?
I love to do things in the night and I go to bed later that I wanted, so in the morning it's impossible to get up at the time recommended by all the gurus. So I always feel I don't do the right thing…

Kaivalya said...

@cristina
This is such a great question, I answered it in my November 19th post. Thanks for commenting!