Saturday, November 14, 2009

Astanga

I'm back to full Primary for the weekend. I'm planning to continue this through Tuesday, then practice half-Primary on Wednesday, Hatha on Thursday and a Vinyasa practice on Friday - pretty much the same schedule I ended up doing last week.

I had a good practice. I skipped Janu Sirsasana C and Setu Bandhasana. My Sirsasana felt very strong today. I've been focusing on using my arms to support the pose for months, but today was the first time I actually felt stable and my head was only lightly grazing the floor. And I finally figured out where the weird callus on my left foot is coming from: jumpthroughs. I'm dragging my foot along the floor as I attempt to pull my feet through.

I've been in a weird mood these last few days - kind of lackadaisical about everything and everyone. I don't feel very motivated in any area of my life. I considered skipping my shift at the soup kitchen last night (but ended up going anyway and I'm glad I did; it was fun!). I had trouble getting out of bed this morning because I didn't see much of a point (but the prospect of Death by Chocolate cookies with tea in the afternoon gave me the jump-start I needed).

Now, I just feel like taking a nap and I probably will.

Lady's must be coming soon. That *has* to be it because it's not like me to be this moody.

My quasi-weekly State-of-the-Backbend photos are beginning to feel a bit like Groundhog Day. They all look the same. My feet are even turned slightly out the same way in each photo (incorrect alignment, but at least I'm consistent!)


Princess Fur is enjoying her new Canine Condo very much, even though it looks a bit like a prison (or the face cage on my hockey helmet). She looks like a puppy in this photo and very small in contrast to her palatial dwelling:

4 comments:

Skippetty said...

It's new moon on Monday! Hence the slow, grounding energy? Hope you feel better soon. x

Michelle said...

I noticed you got a haircut in that picture. I need one too. Cute dog. I used to have a Schnauzer as a kid. Toby was his name or pardon me his registered name was Tobias Thor of Wild Thunder if you can believe.

Flo said...

I have had many days like that. Unmotivated but once I got going it all felt right. OMG is Princess Fur Adorable! A scottie....I love scotties!

Kaivalya said...

@Skippetty
I forgot about the moon day, upcoming.

@Michelle
The haircut was about a month ago. I actually had to check my calendar to figure that out - the time, it just *flies*

Schnauzers are the best dogs!

@Flo
It's hard to tell from the photo, but she's a mini schnauzer.