Sunday, September 20, 2009

Vinyasa

I had a funny little practice today. I was feeling really indecisive. We're having a warming spell, but I wasn't sure I wanted to take my practice outdoors because the park was crowded. I didn't feel like doing a full Primary but I felt like doing a bit. I didn't feel like doing a lot of yoga, to be honest. Also, the batteries on my iPod shuffle were dead.

The solution: Very slowly and mindfully, I did 5 Surya Namaskara A's and 5 B's. The shuffle charged up while I saluted. Then I went out to the balcony and did the really short version of that vinyasa core class, Core Yoga #1, I've been loving lately (aka: 'Hello, Bandhas!').

All together, with the 9 rounds of Nadi Shodanam pranayama, I spent 45 minutes on the mat. Perfect! This is such a great time of year to use the balcony. The balcony faces south, with lots of sunlight in the afternoon and it's sheltered from the wind, fairly warm even on a cool day.

Today was every bit as lazy as I hoped it would be. I did a lot of reading, listened to music, swung in my hammock in the park (later moved to the sunlight; it was a tad chilly for hammock-swinging), made significant progress on my knitting project.

The GF and I finished watching Grey's Anatomy Season 2. I've seen it before, but she hasn't, which is a lot of fun for me and it's difficult to keep my mouth shut about future plot elements.

No comments: