Thursday, September 10, 2009

Astanga

Back to Astanga today, though I only had time for Half-Primary. That was enough. Given the number of classes I'm teaching today (three, which isn't so unusual, but I'm out of shape for it), I wanted to conserve some energy.

I've been getting a bit disgusted with the whole 'morning sloth' thing I have going lately. Usually, I'm an early riser in the summer months, but not this year (I don't think I've seen a single sunrise). In the past month, I've been particularly bad, sleeping in and spending way too much time mucking around on the computer in the mornings. To be honest, I really don't have time for this now. My fall schedule is kicking in in a big way and soon I'll be teaching a *lot*. I need to get back into some kind of normal, productive routine.

Starting today. *gulp*

This morning, I woke at 7, checked email and finished some work, then I walked up to the Big Park with the dog. A round-trip walk takes just under an hour. I didn't practice in the park (too chilly out). After my walk, it was a very easy transition to immediately unroll my mat and dive into practice. Ah, the magic of momentum! My motor was already revved up.

This seems like a good routine to establish. I'll tackle it one day at a time. Tomorrow is next!

No comments: