Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Astanga

In retrospect, yesterday's practice was actually quite fantastic. Every pose felt good, my hamstrings were open and I had abundant energy. Afterward, I felt fantastic, like I could take on the world. I should have saved some of that Pizzaz for today.

Today, I'm feeling sleepy and lethargic. I carried this low energy into my yoga practice this morning and stumbled through the Primary Series (literally stumbled; my balance was off...Utthita Hasta PadaOOPS!).

At times during my practice, I felt like I could easily lay down and go to sleep. And in Savasana, that's precisely what I did! My cat nap lasted for 10 minutes. I only got up because I was too chilled to continue. For a while I was actually dreaming!

Now I face the task of reviving myself to teach my afternoon and evening classes. Chai tea, please! And maybe a cookie. Or two.

I would love to go to bed early tonight, but I wonder if I actually will? Lately, I've been a night owl...

No comments: