Thursday, June 4, 2009

Vinyasa

I was out late last night, so I slept in. I didn't practice in the morning, opting instead for banana pancakes. The Pancake Lady was not working (replaced by the much-inferior Pancake Guy), so the pancakes were subpar - over cooked and chewy. Better luck next time.

Today is my last 'heavy teaching day' for the summer. I won't be this busy again until next fall, when my pre-registered sessions start up again. This means that, temporarily, I'll have lots of spare time. It also means that the Money Tree will soon wilt. I will need to get a job-job for the summer. I phoned my agency this morning and they said things are 'slow' but they will start sniffing out possible contracts.

After teaching my noon class, I unrolled the mat for 45 minutes of Vinyasa, the same sequence I taught in the class. The practice included two standing balances that I love, but don't often do: Ardha Chandrasana and Virabhadrasana III. I also worked on my entry into Pinchamayurasana. I would like to come into this pose with more control, so I can confidently practice it away from the wall. Listened to Arcade Fire while I practiced. I'm still using the DVD for my Primary Series, so it was nice to have a different kind of soundtrack.

No comments: