Friday, May 1, 2009

Hatha

I had big plans to do an hour of Journey Dance before practising yoga this morning, but these plans evaporated as soon as I laid down on the futon and picked up a book. Then I took a phone call. Then I realised that I was hungry, for banana pancakes. So I quickly unrolled my mat and did 40 minutes of Hatha Yoga.

I warmed up with Sun Salutations and standing poses, then did a few hip openers. I never feel like I'm opening up my hips enough in the Primary Series, so it felt good to focus on this part of my body. I also did some core strengthening and ended the practice with some more restorative yoga.

Then I took a copy of the yoga sutras to the café with me and enjoyed it with the pancakes, continuing my yoga practice with some Swadhyaya, self study. Maple syrup on the side ;-)

I had a late celebration of my birthday. Yes, I know my birthday was in mid-April. But it was worth the wait to go to my favourite restaurant. We spent a lovely evening at Nirvana. I had a ceasar (and stole sips of my companion's cosmopolitan) and I ordered the cheesy ravioli. We shared the eggplant dip and asian fried flatbread appetizer. And we picked up cheesecake on the way home.

Fun! Not CR, but definitely fun.

Also, on a side note, today is the 10 year anniversary of my move to the city. After a nomadic childhood, moving around every couple of years, it's quite remarkable to have been in one place for this long. I love this city and I'm still happy to be here.

No comments: