Monday, May 4, 2009

Astanga

Upon waking this morning, my neck felt a bit stiff, but I had full mobility and no pain. I decided to wait it out. I went for a long walk in the morning, gave the dog her spring clip in the morning (she looks gorgeous, but is a bit peeved at me now), and had lunch. In the afternoon, I rode out to High Park to look at the pretty cherry blossoms. I spent a couple hours there, blissfully soaking up the sun, people watching and reading a book.

Then I came home to practice, full Primary Series, and my neck was fine. I'm still modifying 'everything-neck' (I supported my lower back in Urdhva Padmasana, did Matsyasana *gently*), but there was no pain and I had a really nice practice.

I was so clear-headed and focused afterward that I was able to plow through a whole pile of work before bedtime. Wish practice always had the affect on me!

I'm planning for a Full Primary tomorrow, then I'll do a shorter Hatha practice on Wednesday, as that's one of my heavy teaching days. I'll play it by ear on Thursday. I've only been back to my full practice for a week, so I'm still sorting out how I'll fit it into my current schedule. I want to take at least a day off of Astanga, maybe two, per week. I'm not sure if I'll bother with Moon Days.

I'm still doing my Yoga Streak, though, so it's yoga every day regardless.

No comments: