Saturday, May 2, 2009

Astanga

Ow, my neck.

My Lady's passed, so I returned to the full Primary Series this afternoon with renewed enthusiasm. But perhaps a bit too much enthusiasm...In Urdhva Padmasana, I lost my balance and as my weight shifted backwards, I struggled to stay upright, putting pressure on my neck and shoulders. I think I may have strained the muscles in my neck because it's sore now.

Argh. That's a lesson learned. Too bad I had to learn it in one of my favourite poses. I'll see how I feel tomorrow, but I may be taking an abbreviated practice for a few days while I figure this out.

Besides that slip, I had a wonderful practice. After I finished, I took a hot bath and had lunch. Then I enjoyed a lazy afternoon of reading, drinking my favourite Chai tea and devouring a Death by Chocolate cookie from the Market (I stopped by the Market this morning after teaching my class).

No comments: