Monday, March 23, 2009

Astanga

Guitar lesson #4 is this afternoon, so I spent the morning alternating between work and practice. I'm working on three songs right now and the first two are coming along really nicely, but the third involves a technique called 'finger picking' and it's not going so well. Need more practice. I think my right fingers need to do some vinyasa yoga to build strength and endurance!

Also, I've created a new Law of Kai. It's called the “Recession? What Recession?” law. I'm not talking about the stupid economy anymore. Specifically, I'm not using the economy as an excuse. For anything. There is no recession!

Today's practice was a new invention of mine I'm calling 'The Short Form +'. (I'm very inventive today, eh?). Today, it was the Short Form + Purvottanasana, Tiriangmukhaikapada Pachimottansana and Bhujapindasana. 45 minutes of bliss on my Manduka during which I thought of nothing else. Then it was back to work.

No comments: