Thursday, March 19, 2009

Astanga

In January, I participated in World Yoga Practice Month to launch my Year of Doing Yoga Daily. As a daily participant of WoYoPracMo, I won a prize: A lovely OM candle donated by our very own YogaMum. The beautiful gift arrived in the mail this week and totally made my day.

Here it is, in a place of honour on my altar:


Today's practice was the short form. Yes, again. On the plus side, I seem to have settled into doing an Astanga practice every other day. It's working for me. Now, I just need to move it up to a full primary.

I'm feeling really tired today. I was up early and volunteering at the soup kitchen this morning. First time in a long time and it was great to see everyone again.

My low energy may also be due to the temperature, which has dipped back down into the single digits (and, Goddess-forbid, the minus digits). As I was biking to a class today, it actually started snowing. If garlic wards off vampires, what wards off snowflakes?

Whatever it is, I need some!

1 comment:

Gumbomum said...

I'm glad you like the candle. It looks quite nice in your lovely yoga space!