Sunday, February 8, 2009

Restorative

I went to see one of my all-time favourite artists live last night. It was a wonderful show and I really enjoyed it. I very rarely see live music these days, so I was such a treat.

My Lady's Holiday arrived yesterday afternoon, so I did 45 minutes of restorative yoga practice this morning. My yoga pants were in the laundry, so I practised in my flannel PJs!

I started with some gentle sun salutations, did Utthita Trikonasana, Parsvakonasana, Eka Pada Raj Kapotanasana, and Hanumasana. Then I rolled up a thick blanket inside one of the yoga mats that are lying around the house to make a rough bolster. I did supine Baddha Konasana with the bolster running along my spine, then placed the bolster horizontal beneath my thoracic back and did a deep supine backbend. I finished with a side stretch in Balasana and Ardha Matyendrasana.

No comments: