Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Astanga

Ouch, my shoulder! I don't know what I did to it but this has been going on for a couple of days, which is actually odd, given that I've been doing a restorative practice since Sunday. It feels like a pinched nerve, just an occasional, fleeting burning/sharp sensation around the left deltoid.

Also: Ouch, my hip! I took a hooping class on Monday night and it felt great. It's a terrific workout and so very, very different from yoga (which is why I like doing it). It also makes me aware of how unbalanced I am in the movement of my body. I couldn't seem to get my hoop to spin entirely horizontally. I woke up the next day with the most fabulously multi-coloured bruise on my left hip, right along the pelvic head. Looks like I got beaten up (and it's true! I did...by a hoop!). It's still very tender.

And finally, to cap off my litany of complaints, I'm feeling yucky and run down and I have no idea why.

Today, I did a modified Swenson short form of the Primary Series today and despite my ennui, it did feel good. I took a break right around Virabhadrasana I to google shoulder injuries and, deciding that whatever I have can't be too serious, carried on (and my shoulder felt fine for the remainder).

No comments: