Saturday, February 7, 2009

Astanga

I did an early morning practice at the house this morning. I unrolled my mat in the front room with my friend MB Buddha in attendance and did the full primary series.

I used Sharath's CD for my practice, but modified the series slightly to accommodate my work on Hanumasana (and my dislike of a few poses). I replaced Mari D with Eka Pada Raj Kapotanasana (pigeon), Janu C with Hanumasana and Garba Pindasana with a supine twist. I cut the Sarvangasana sequence short because my neck is tight this morning.

It's nice to have this time alone in the morning. It reminded me of when I was young. I used to wake early so I could have time to myself. I would watch the sun rise, swim, write in my journal or just sit on the bow listening to music on my Sony Walkman. I have sweet memories of those morning hours.

No comments: