Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hatha

I woke up early to practice this morning.

I did the same backbending sequence I've been working on this week for my students. I made some notes and changed a few things - moved poses around and added a few. 'Working at home' has never been so much fun!

I practised Ustrasana (Camel) without the strap today, really savoured Bujangasana (Cobra) and experimented with adding different twists.

One of my New Year resolutions is to learn to play my guitar - the one I bought two years ago and has been sitting in storage with a broken string ever since. I restrung it last week and I've been messing around with a few chords, practising about 20 minutes a day, just to get in the habit (I'm looking around for a guitar teacher).

My thumb mounds are sore! Really sore! I noticed it in my yoga practice yesterday, but didn't make the connection. Clearly, I don't use my thumb mounds as much in yoga as I do playing guitar (although I do use them a bit - I remember them being sore last year). A new muscle to obsess over! Opponens pollicis! Exciting.

No comments: