Sunday, March 1, 2009

Vinyasa

Today practice was quick, because I was caught up in cleaning projects all day and totally forgot about yoga. I finally unrolled my mat in the late afternoon before heading to the house for the night.

Because I was short on time, I did the sun salutations and standing poses from the Primary Series. I had forgotten what a nice, compact, fairly complete practice the standing poses make. It took me a little over 20 minutes. This part of the Primary Series is focused on strength. I felt very grounded when I finished.

Today's cleaning project: The bookshelves. One shelf at a time, I took the books down and dusted the shelves. I also organised and purged a few things. My altar - you know, the one I meditate in front of when I 'get around to it' *shamefaced* - was really dusty. I took everything off, shook out the cloth covering it, then dusted and reorganised my various gods, goddesses and sentimental objects.

No comments: