Thursday, January 15, 2009

Restorative Yoga

WoYoPracMo, Day 15.

I'm halfway through World Yoga Practice Month! Hooray for me! :-)

For day two of my restorative yoga practice, I warmed up with sun salutations, stretched out my very sore abs with a long hold in Bujangasana, then did the magic neck sequence to work out some of the kinks. My neck is feeling so much better today - the soreness is gradually fading.

I set up my bolster to practice two supine backbends with very long (8+ minute) holds. I really needed this today. I started the week feeling really great, but I've felt cranky and low-energy over the past couple of days. Plus, I didn't go to sleep until very late last night and was up early this morning serving breakfast at the soup kitchen. The restorative practice helped 'revive' me.

I was also feeling a bit head-achy, so I used the beautiful eye pillow Christel sent me for my WoYoPracMo prize last year. Thanks again, Christel, for that lovely gift!

No comments: