Sunday, January 18, 2009

Day 363

WoYoPracMo, Day 18.

Back to the coal mines again, or at least a more vigourous practice! Lady's Holiday is fully over and today I felt ready to dive back into my Astanga practice. I did the short form this morning. It felt like such a relief to be on the mat - I could literally feel my body unwind as I moved through the sun salutations.

When life sucks, Astanga becomes my vacation from life and it's a relief to practice. I need to remember this the next time I'm feeling unmotivated.

Life kind of sucks right now because I'm working on a nasty little contract. It's simple (or it sounded like it would be when I agreed to do it): I'm installing two web applications on a server. Of course, it's *never* simple. I hate troubleshooting PHP scripts and this one in particular is giving me endless problems. I wouldn't have picked up this contract, except I have some bills from December to pay off and it just seemed like really good timing.

Ah yes, the lure of of money...

I'm still at the apartment right now. Last night, I worked until the wee hours and it was so cold and snowy that it didn't make sense to travel. I'm tying up a few loose ends right now, then I'll be heading over to the house for dinner. I have to admit, though, it's been nice to spend the weekend at my own place and practice here for a change. I wonder if MB Buddha is feeling lonely without me?

No comments: