Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 356

Today was busy, with classes to teach and errands to run, so I did the short form. I can speed through it in about a half-hour if I'm focused. I'm starting to notice a huge difference between the short form and half-primary. The latter warms me up more effectively and is definitely more challenging. When I do the short form, my hamstrings are stiff throughout the practice. Half-primary really opens things up.

When I relaunched my ashtanga practice, I started with the short form to build up strength but I think I'm past that now. I'm going to try to start doing half-primary, even if time limitations force me to cut the practice short some days. In the long run, I think I'll continue to build my strength up more effectively this way (and eventually adding poses back in).

By the way, I still have that cold and I'm really afraid it's moved into my chest. I'm loath to admit it, but it's feeling a lot like the sinusitis/bronchitis I had in November. That said, I *am* feeling a bit better and just trying to get a lot of rest this week.

No comments: