Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day 335

YES WE CAN!

I'm so excited and pleased with the election result!

I was up until the wee hours last night, following the election coverage. I was supposed to go to an election party, but I was far too sick to leave the apartment. I'm still sick with this stupid infection. For most of the night, I was feverish and struck by fits of coughing. Instead of partying with friends, or dancing around in Dundas Square, I was hunkered down with my computer tuned to CNN and the T.V. tuned to the CBC's coverage.

Obama's speech was an amazing moment! Tears streamed down my face as I watched. For the first time in 8 years, I'm proud of my country-of-birth.

Practice today was still abbreviated due to the silly sinus infection. It's amazing how quickly I can breeze through the sun salutations when I'm only holding downward facing dog for one breath. I felt good during my practice, though, as long as I was upright. Obviously, Sirsasana is out of the question right now. Any inversions, really. *sigh*

But I'm delighted to report that the laryngitis seems to be fading. This is excellent news, as I teach 7 classes over the next two days.

Wouldn’t it be great if I could be healthy for a whole week? Or practice 6 days in a row? Yes I can?

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh hon, absolutely amazing not only for you but the rest of the world too. At work, we all have TV on our desks (work in TV) so you bet, we all had it switched on to CNN and was watching it unfold with you. Brilliant moment in history!

I hope you get better soon too.