Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Day 331

I took a long walk this morning and practised afterward. Something about the walk helped get me going. Sun salutations felt easy and strong and my hamstrings even felt a bit more open.

Unfortunately, I think I'm getting a cold, a different cold than the one I had last week. And I've been feeling a bit run down. I've had trouble motivating myself to get anything done this week, but for some reason I felt a surge of energy after my yoga practice and managed to do some cleaning around the apartment. I felt so much better after that.

I think it was a combination of the activity, creating a clean environment and a focus on self-care. This time of year, when the days start to get shorter, I can be a bit grumpy and I have to develop strategies to combat the blues. I haven't started using light therapy yet, but I will soon.

No comments: