Monday, October 20, 2008

Day 327

Then, on Thursday, I got sick.

Nothing dramatic, just a cold, but I've felt unmotivated and exhausted and achy ever since. I stayed home and rested over the weekend, spending hours of quality time with the Grey's Anatomy Season 4 (which I never watched because I got out o the TV Habit last year) and Sarah Waters' latest novel (which was wonderful and now I've developed a Sarah Waters Habit - I've moved on to one of her earlier novels).

On Sunday morning after brunch, I was all lively and energetic after such a lovely morning (a long walk in the crisp air, lovely fall colours, french toast stuffed with cream cheese and apple slices at Yasi's). I was determined to hit the mat. Alas, I sat on the sofa to rest and was asleep within a half-hour. I slept for four.

I did better this morning. After breakfast, a walk with the dog, and an hour on the phone settling a billing issue with Bell Canada (argh!), I was ready to practice. Okay, I wasn't really 'ready' but I bribed myself with the promise of a nap afterward. Besides, Alfia's sick too and she's practising. I'm not alone in my misery.

As for the cold, it's moving along. I think I may be seeing the tail end of it. Last night was rough because I was so congested that my sleep was affected. I had very strange dreams. In one dream, I was in a yoga class and couldn't do Urdhva Dhanurasana no matter how hard I tried. I woke up very alarmed and during my practice today, I made sure to do one very solid Urdhva Dhanurasana.

I feel better. :-)

No comments: