Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Day 324

Each week, I start with a fresh resolve to resume a daily practice, but I seem to be practising about three days a week despite myself. Stuff just comes up.

Last week, the 'stuff' was lower back pain. I think some of this may be related to pre-lady's-holiday-syndrome. And probably my return to full-time teaching. By the time the weekend rolled around, I was feeling lazy and in 'holiday mode' and didn't feel like practising at all. So I didn't. Pure laziness.

My yoga practice was fine today, despite the fact that I felt like a beluga whale on the mat. Yesterday was Canadian Thanksgiving and though I didn't stuff myself too badly, I did feel get that weird bloaty feeling from eating so many unusual foods. I spent the holiday with friends and brought my American-style candied sweet potatoes. They initially raised some eyebrows but quickly won converts.

As of today, I'm back to eating healthy and more-or-less on CR. I have no more excuses until Christmas!

No comments: