Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 299

My shoulder is still bothering me. I can do plow and a very weak shoulderstand, but usually not in the morning. I don't know if my shoulderstand is crooked because I'm out of practice or because of the tightness in my shoulder. It's all a big mystery and one that will not likely be solved by traditional medicine, but rather by a trip to the chiro or an osteopath. I want my massage therapist to have a look and nudge me in the right direction.

I hate body-drama.

The new contract is okay. It certainly is different. I've been thrown to the sharks and they're not lawyers: I'm working in health care rather than legal. Surprisingly, I'm doing fine with the terminology. It's the procedures that are driving me nuts. No civil procedure here, kids. It's all about different coloured papers, files with funny names and letters written in illegible longhand full of arcane terminology that has me scrambling for Google. And no one bothered to train me. I forgot to mention that part: I've been flying by the seat of my pants. When I'm nervous, I chew my fingers to bits. Ugly.

On the other hand, I'm making happy fistfuls of money which I will eventually put in my savings account. After I've finished buying clothes and DVDs, that is! ;-)

Anyways, I woke up at 4 a.m. like a good little ashtangi and did my modified practice. I love the way I sweat buckets even in the cool morning air. I love the candles on my altar. I love the way the practice flows and there is nothing to distract me from it at that early hour. I just hate getting up for it.

This evening, I taught a class and it was such a relief to get back to teaching yoga: Greeting the students, reading the room, breathing, counting, adjusting, suggesting, soothing. Afterward, I felt better.

No comments: