Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 296

Uh...be careful what you wish for.

Last week, I was twiddling my thumbs and bored out of my mind. This week, I'm in full freak-out mode because everything is happening at once. I feel like one of those cartoon characters on a speeding treadmill that I can't get off of.

Today, the grim reality of this camping trip that I have done absolutely nothing to plan for struck me full force. Then my ride up to the campground decided that she's too sick to go. Had to arrange another ride. And did I mention that I still haven't bought rope for the hammock and the tarp? Need to go to Canadian Tire for that. The MEC store phoned to let me know that the items I had on order had come in.

Finally, feeling overwhelmed, I left work early and headed downtown to run my errands. And it was fine. Got the rope. Picked up the stuff. Came home and sorted it out. My menu is planned and I have a packing list for the trip. I can do the grocery shopping on Friday morning (we don't leave until the afternoon).

Anyways.

Yoga: Bright and early at 4:30 a.m., I did the short form. This morning was special because I actually got enough sleep for a change. I collapsed in an exhausted heap at 8:30 last night - it finally caught up with me, I guess.

Funny how there's no procrastinating or stalling at this godawfulearly hour. If I dawdle, I'll be late, so I just DO the practice and it's SO not a big deal. It amazes me that it used to be such a drama getting on the mat. No drama these days! I practice and it's done and I go for a walk and it's done and then there's breakfast and I watch Joe climb up the tower into his Crane Pod and then I'm off to work. I actually leave for work earlier than I used to get up.

I guess I just needed a fire lit under my asana.

Prasarita Padottanasana B rejoined the morning line-up. I'll see how that goes, then add another pose back in next week.

No comments: