Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Day 307

I skipped practise this morning in favour of sleeping in, but promised myself that I would spend some time on my mat in the evening, after teaching a class, walking the dog, making my lunch for tomorrow and the kazillion other things I need to do. But I did it and it was fantastic!

My shoulder has been feeling better and tonight, I added a bunch of 'problem poses' back into the short form, including UD, shoulderstand and headstand. It felt magical to do backbends again! (I'm sure I'll get over it...) I even did a handstand. I'm relieved that I haven't lost my abilities in these poses. My backbend probably needs some work, but I was able to hop/push up into handstand, lift my legs into headstand. I've lost Urdhva Padmasana, though.

It's been so long since I did the Primary Series proper that I'm actually hungry for it. I wonder how much of my lethargy and weight gain is due to not doing a proper practice. All I know is that I haven't felt 'right' since I stopped.

No comments: