Friday, May 9, 2008

Day 250

I practised in the morning, though not early. I was up until late last night, teaching out in the west end and didn't get to sleep until after 11. I slept until 7 a.m. (hard to sleep in more than that because of the construction). I'm always exhausted this time of week because I teach so many classes in the course of the two days. I thought it would be a really difficult practice, but it was fine. Not great, not mind-blowing, but fine. I've been very focused lately.

Handstands were second-nature. I'm beginning to balance on my own more and more. The wall is there, but I'm not using it except to come up. Handstand is a power pose for me - when I'm doing it well, I feel like I can take on anything. Urdhva Dhanurasana has been feeling the same way - I feel very strong pushing up into it.

I bound in Marichyasana D for the first time in about a week. I've backed off from binding in that pose because I felt like I was suffocating in it. This morning, I felt okay - a bit of fear as I first came in, but that dissipated. I found breathing easier in the pose than it has been lately.

I realised this morning that I haven't been drinking enough water. Need to stay on top of that.

The weekend is a big black hole of uncertainty for me. The theme of my life these days seems to be 'let go' - of expectations, of controlling outcomes. I'm trying.

No comments: