Monday, August 4, 2008

Day 305

I enjoyed a quiet morning around home, took time for a leisurely practice then ate my breakfast on the balcony and took the dog out for a long walk. Today is the 'civic holiday' here in Canada. In Ontario, it's Simcoe Day, named after Lord Simcoe. I'm very grateful to Lord Simcoe for the day off!

In the afternoon, I met up with my new sweetheart for a picnic in my favourite park (it's her favourite park too!) and a lot of lazing around. I'm feeling deeply relaxed and totally not ready for the week to start tomorrow.

I'm still doing the short form and I'm really beginning to miss the full primary series, especially the inversions. I nicked a couple of tennis balls from a club I work at and I've been laying over those in Savasana, gradually rolling the balls down my back on either side of my spine to massage the erector muscles, which I suspect are the root cause of my ongoing 'shoulder problem.'

No comments: