Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Day 245

I had a fabulous, energetic practice this morning, full of wonderful forward momentum. I felt like the yoga energizer bunny - I just kept going and going and going. Felt great. My only block seemed to be in twists - couldn't managed a bind in Marichyasana D and the bind in Marichyasana C was not as deep.

Madonna's new disc was released today. I downloaded it from iTunes in the wee hours of the morning and first impressions: it's outlandish, over-the-top, overproduced, with inane and occasionally stupid lyrics. Pure, trademark Madonna; I'm loving every minute of it. Love her or hate her, Madonna's tunes carry a good beat and I'm sure that this was part of the reason that I was a bit bouncy (yes, I was listening to Madonna during my yoga practice).

Anyways, I'm glad I had that high-energy moment to end on because Ladies' Holiday kicked in after lunchtime. It's about time! (My cycles have been wonky lately)

So I'm off until Sunday. Toodles!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I am reading your blog a long time now and only today I noticed that you write "CRONie" up there by your description. Have you just recently begun with this diet, or did I just miss it before?

Kaivalya said...

I've been following CR for about a year. I've talked a bit about CR (or CRON) on this blog, but mostly in passing. I tend to be kinda low key about my calorie restriction and I don't write about it unless questions come up around my diet.

Anonymous said...

I did click on your link "cron yogitect" and through that site clicked on others, and there I have for the first time read about CRON. And I'm curious if I could do that (must lose 20 lbs), but I doubt it. Your post with the picture of your breakfast detailes the nutritional info, I guess you can only do that with a computer software. Aren't you hungry every day?

Kaivalya said...

The 'Cron Yogitect' is Arturo's site and he's a fabulous example of an ashtangi who successfully follows CR.

Another excellent resource is the Calorie Restriction Society (http://www.calorierestriction.org/). The computer software I use to track my diet is available free (google: Cron-o-meter).

I eat loads of healthy, yummy (vegetarian) food and I'm almost never 'randomly' hungry (though I'm often hungry right before meal times). For me, the key to successful CR is keeping my calorie intake in synch with my activity level, meeting RDAs for nutrients and keeping my protein intake high.