Sunday, August 3, 2008

Day 304

I got a quick practise in this morning before heading off to the market and then teaching my Saturday class. I really didn't feel like doing yoga today, but I suspect that I won't be practising tomorrow morning because I'll likely be out late tonight (enjoying a sushi dinner with the sweet woman I'm seeing - yes, it's going well).

I felt very aware of my breath during my practice and it made me realise how many things I've let slide since my shoulder problems and switching to the short form. I haven't been very focused on Ujjayi breathing, haven't been engaging the bandhas and it really shows in my practice. Everything feels floppy and unfocused. I need to change this.
No practice tomorrow morning. I'm heading out to 'the country' with friends for a beach picnic, swimming and kayaking. It's a holiday weekend here. I'm all giddy with joy because I don't have to go to work on Monday.

No comments: