Friday, February 22, 2008

Day 195

I had a really nice Moon Day yesterday. One of my students asked if I get an extra day off because of the eclipse. ;-) That would have been nice, but no... I did have an unexpected cancellation in my teaching schedule that allowed me some additional free time so I enjoyed a lazy day.

I skated for an entire hour in the morning and also took a long walk with the dog, heading up to our favourite 'Big Park'. The sun was shining and we sat on a bench for awhile. We've had a lot of snow lately. I had my bum on the bench and my legs stretched out in front of me because the snow was as high as the bench (and fairly solid because of the freezing rain we had the other day). I came home, had a hot bath and really pampered myself. Spent the afternoon reading a good book and a few magazines.

I had a good practice this morning. I woke up later than usual. I've decided that as much as I want to maintain a consistent schedule for waking and yoga practice, this just isn't possible on those days when I teach late. So I've decided to change things up a bit. This morning, I slept in until 6:30, allowing me to get a 8 full hours of sleep, I practised, then I headed to the ice rink for 9 a.m. On Friday mornings, the Zamboni Guy does the edging on the rink, so this works out perfectly (he's usually finished by 9).

In the future, I'm going to practise *after* my Thursday shift at the soup kitchen in order to get adequate sleep after an evening of teaching on Wednesday. I've been napping on both Wednesdays and Thursdays, but I don't think this napping has been good for me - at least as compensation for lack of sleep.

I'm looking forward to a great weekend. We're supposed to have sunny days and the temperature is going to climb above zero! I'm already making plans for fun outdoor activities!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Busy, busy, busy. I can't nap either. When my first three girls were little I used to "nap" for a half hour in the afternoon with no consequence to my night sleeping. Now, no way! It is hard enough for me to sleep without waking on most nights so a nap would just destroy my sleep.