Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Day 178

I played ice hockey at 9:30 last night, a half-hour past my bedtime, so I napped for an hour-and-a-half before. I hate these late games. I arrived in the changeroom all cranky and tousled, completely unprepared to face my jovial teammates. I put on my neckguard first to ensure I wouldn't forget it and some wiseass immediately made a crack about it. Grrrrrrr...

We played the #3 team in the league. They have the benefit of having the best player in the league, a fast, talented and fabulously generous soul who passes the puck instead of taking sure-shots on the net, shouts encouragement and gently coaches her teams to greatness. No wonder they're doing so well. I've also had a crush on her for a couple of years. *gulp*

As she zipped past me during warm-up, I thought: “We're gonna get creamed.” Did I mention that we didn't have a goaltender again? (well, they didn't either). The defence was sharing the net minding duties, which meant that I didn't get any time at all on the bench and spent my 'breaks' sprawled on the ice frantically blocking pucks with my stick, my legs, my skate - anything I could. I did pretty good, actually, blocked some hard shots. And I was flabbergasted when we actually won that game, 3-2.

We were singing 'We are the champions' in the changeroom. It's only the second game we've won.

This morning, I was sore and foggy-headed, so I slept in until 7:30. That was blissful. I can't remember the last time I slept in. My practice was good, though my hamstrings were *tight*. I was very focused, though (which is kind of funny because I've been feeling scattered ever since). My noon class moved to Friday this week, so I'm feeling a bit at-loose-ends with my precious routine disrupted.

Musical Sirsasana: Broken Social Scene, 'Finish You Collapse and Stay for Breakfast' (1 min, 24 sec).

I suppose I should walk the dog, get out of the apartment. Yup, that sounds like a plan.

No comments: