Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Day 172

“Spend an hour with a pretty girl, and it feels like only a moment. Put your hand on a hot stove for a moment, and it feels like an hour. That's relativity.”

This quote is often attributed to Einstein, though I'm not sure he actually said it. That's how I sometimes feel about holding headstand.

Today's Musical Sirsasana was abitious: 'No Cars Go' by The Arcade Fire, 5 minutes, 42 seconds. I love this song. When I'm listening to it, time flies by. It ends and I'm all “Is is over already?” Today, as I listened to it in headstand, it seemed to last forever. By the time The Arcade Fire got to that chorus at the end where they're singing “Go-oh-oh-oh-oh...” I was all “FINE! Stop singing already!”

That, my friends, is relativity! ;-)

I had a good practice, got up on time for a change. Sometimes I dawdle and get to the mat a few minutes late. I'm looking forward to ice skating this morning, as I wasn't able to skate yesterday. It's not snowing today.

And I'm looking towards a very, very long day. I try to limit myself to teaching four classes a day, but today, I teach five. I rescheduled a class to accommodate one of my regular classes because they had an event in their normal time slot. I know I'll be grateful to roll into bed tonight. I went to sleep early last night to give myself an extra 'boost' of energy today and I'm feeling lively.

Have a good day, everyone!

No comments: