Thursday, November 15, 2007

Day 117

Set my alarm very early this morning - 4:15 - thinking that I would do my yoga practice before I headed to the soup kitchen. It's amazing how persuasive I can be with myself at 4:15 in the morning. That is, how easily I can persuade myself that I don't *really* want to get up and practice. I'd rather sleep! So I talked myself into that and I slept. And slept. And woke up at 6 (and was late!).

Oh well! :-)

I did a short form of the primary series today - one that leaves out some half-lotusy-poses and the dreaded Kurmasana. It's sort of a shame, because I was really starting to like that one, but not at this time of month! My low back is so achy. Although I did enjoy Sarvangasana today..

I turned on my heater a few minutes before I started sun salutations and before long I was quite warm and sweating. The heater usually goes off at some point on its own, but it didn't this morning. I checked it - turns out, I had it set on 'fan'! All of that heat was coming from my own efforts! I get a gold star for Tapas today!

No comments: