Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 111

A little heat!

It dropped below 0 last night for the first time this fall (chance of flurries today!). Perfect timing for the inaugural use of the cute, little heater that I bought at Canadian Tire last night (I've propped the Swenson book next to it to give you a sense of scale).

I found this heater on the website but had no idea how tiny it was. When I saw it in the store, I almost squealed. I live in a tiny apartment, so size really does matter. This heater is so small that I can just leave it next to my Zafu when I'm not using it.

For a tiny little thing, it packs a lot of punch. I used it this morning and felt toasty warm (and I didn't even have it on the highest setting). This will come in handy in February.

I had a fabulous practice this morning. This is turning out to be a good yoga month - nothing like last month with my lack of motivation and lethargy. I guess it all runs in cycles, but I'm enjoying it while it lasts.

I did three drop backs against the wall today, but collapsed in giggles two out of the three. Oh well - baby steps! ;-)

I did headstand in the middle of the room today with no falling, no incidents. This really isn't a big deal - I haven't really 'used' the wall in years, but I always did the pose near a wall for security. I don't know why I've always been so afraid. I think that it was really helpful to play around with falling over into a backbend yesterday - it made me realise how difficult it really is to fall over! I practically had to muscle myself over to get my feet to the floor.

No comments: