Monday, October 8, 2007

Day 91

Buh-bye, Half-Lotus poses.

My knees are acting up again. I don't think this is an injury though because my wrists hurt too. Overall, I felt stiff and heavy. Nothing felt good. I may be experiencing more side effects of my medication, or it could be that my ladies holiday is coming up. Perhaps it's the upcoming moon day. Surely I can find a scapegoat somewhere! ;-)

I felt heroic just making it to the mat. Half-way through the practice, I found myself curled up in a fetal position just wishing I could stop. I didn't stop.

I kept going, but I *did* skip any pose remotely resembling shoulderstand (no Supta Konasana for me!) because my back felt cranky.

Then, during closing sequence, I had this sudden, urgent need to do shoulderstand, so I did. And you know what? That's exactly what I needed! I felt a flood of relief, like drinking a glass of cold water on a hot day, or taking a deep breath. I felt something release and I was overcome with a sense of ease.

Last week was such a fantastic week for my practice. I'm fearful that this week may be just the opposite. *sigh*

No comments: