Monday, October 1, 2007

Day 85

Took the day off yesterday. Slept, loafed around, read lots of books. Volunteered at the soup kitchen and laughed with friends. Sat in the park soaking up late afternoon sunshine and listening to a guitarist while children played and dogs frolicked around me. Watched some brainless television. Went to bed early and slept like the dead. Carpe Diem!

Today's practice felt kind of serendipitous, like finding a $20 bill on the ground. I unrolled my mat as soon as I got back from the doctor's office because I knew that I wouldn't do it if I didn't do it RIGHT THIS MOMENT. The sense of urgency faded during the first few sun salutations and I ended up really enjoying myself.

No 'rockstar moments' or big breakthroughs, though I did come up into Sirsasana with straight legs very spontaneously, no fuss, no effort. Just like I'd been doing it every day my whole life. Obviously, I've been working too hard at this. It finally came easy as soon as I let go of 'effort' and embraced 'ease.'

Marichyasana B felt like a big hug from a beloved friend. Sometimes, it just all comes together, exactly the way it was meant to.

Welcome to October!

Marichyasana B

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Good for you. I have never done Ashtanga Yoga. Well, thats not accurate, I have a DVD for beginners that I attempted once. I guess I am not the kind of woman who likes "athletic yoga" for lack of a better word. You must be in fantastic physical condition!