Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Day 105

I woke up early this morning, got sucked into the Internet for about a half hour, then finally made it to the mat. This is a bit 'out of the routine' for me: no tea, no breakfast (a small, easily digestible bowl of bran cereal) and no walk.

I was stiff and I was hungry!

My mind looked similar to what I imagine my dog's 'monkey mind' to look like:

“Food. Food. Food. I'm hungry. Feed me? Oh, we're standing up now - does that mean you'll feed me? Food! How about after this next pose? If I whine, will you feed me? Can't stop thinking about food! Are you going to feed me yet? Food! Did I mention that I'm hungry? Pleeeease feed me!”

And on and on and on, with that same theme.

Good practice today. Once again, I did every single pose, some with modifications.

In Marichyasana D, (there's a better image here) I'm working on getting the twist (I'm not even close to binding right now, though mysteriously, I've been able to bind in the past). This morning, I was entertaining myself by poking my boob with my big toe. Yeah, yeah, I know - I shouldn't have said that. Now all the google-verts are going to be coming to this site looking for yoga kink (oops, I did it again). Go away, google-verts! Nothing to see here...move along!

I've been playing around with Janu Sirsasana C, but keeping the extended leg bent, so I can focus on doing that stupid thing with my foot. My foot doesn’t like to do that thing. I don't get it. Argh.

Overall, I seem to be having a good yoga week! I've been meditating too! Go, me!

Backbending never comes easy to me, but early morning backbending is a very precarious thing: this is supposed to be Urdhva Mukha Svanasana. Groan!

Urdhva Mukha Svanasana

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I love it when you add pictures. Today I am looking up Marichyasana D so I can see what that is.

Kaivalya said...

I just added links for the poses so you can see how crazy they are. ;-)