Thursday, October 25, 2007

Day 101

Today's practice flowed really well until I got to the floor, then I was very unfocused. When I'm feeling all distracted like that, my Mysore rug becomes an item of great fascination. I think I know every little thread and flaw of that thing by now. It's like a security blanket.
Fish

I skipped Marichyasana B and Marichyasana D (I can't do D anyway). I've been replacing Janu Sirsasana C with Pigeon pose, because I'm trying to open up my hips for Hanumasana (that was one of my New Years resolutions - it's not going so well).

I rushed through closing sequence and totally forgot about Sirsasana. I can't believe I did that! I love Sirsasana! I hate Kurmasana and Supta Kurmasana, but I never seem to forget those poses. If I'm going to forget something, isn't it better to forget something that makes me miserable anyway? ;-)

The jury is still out on the what day is moon day. I made an executive decision and opted to take tomorrow as my moon day. I already get up stupidly early on Thursday mornings to go to the soup kitchen, so I figured that as long as I was already up I might as well do yoga. Tomorrow I can sleep in...yay!

Regularly scheduled programming will return on Saturday. Happy moon day, all!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

You volunteer at a soup kitchen as well? What a wonderful woman you are.