Thursday, August 23, 2007

Day 60

I cried for over two hours last night. Not little tears but huge, gulping, clawing-at-the-floor sobs. It was all over something that is so far in the past (well, earlier this year) that I feel a bit embarrassed about it. But the salient point is: I woke up with swollen eyes and a headache and a keen desire to go back to bed.

I didn't. I unrolled my mat and gave it my best. I'm glad because I had a good practice - full primary series today and it felt like a relief. The sun salutations helped shed my residual angst and practice became a nice vacation from being in my own head. It was such a relief not to THINK.

And, for what it's worth, I think the tears and the yoga helped shed some grief I didn't know I was carrying. I felt lighter today, and more lighthearted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you feel better. :o) ((hug))

Mary said...

Oh hon, it can be awful when something from our past rears its ugly head but I'm glad you got past it and dealt with it on the mat. Having a good cry and allowing yourself to do this definitely helps. Glad you feel light and more light-hearted :-)

Kaivalya said...

Thanks for the supportive comments, everyone. Your words really cheered me.