Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Day 58

This morning was another practice sans the inversions. I have to admit, I really don't miss shoulderstand in closing sequence. It's not been my favourite lately.

And I love having a shorter practice - it give me more time to goof off on the computer in the morning. Healthy habits, eh? I guess I should be sleeping in a bit on these short-practice mornings.

I have just over a week-and-a-half left in this contract and I can feel myself beginning to burn out. I don't teach a lot of classes in August, but enough that working full-time on top of it all feels pondorous after a awhile. I opted to cancel my Thursday evening class to give myself a bit of a break and it's amazing how much of a weight that took off my shoulders.

I've considered modifying my morning yoga practice until I'm finished working days. I don't want to get into a pattern of dreading my practice and I feel like I'm headed in that direction.

No comments: