Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 53

Full disclosure: I skipped Bujipadasana, Kurmasana and Supta Kurmasana this morning. My entire torso felt cranky, not just my back, not just my shoulders.

It was hard enough to convince myself to do Supta Konasana and shoulderstand, though by the time I got to shoulderstand, things were beginning to open up a bit.

How much of this is due to early morning practice, my upcoming ladies holiday or the side effects of my medication is anyone's guess. I often struggle to find the balance between respecting the messages my body is sending me and moving past blockages (which can manifest as discomfort) in order to find a deeper experience in my yoga practice. I want to progress, but I don't want to hurt myself.

I really, really miss my afternoon practices. At the very least, it would be nice to go for a walk *before* I hit the mat. It seems like weeks since I had a nice, leisurely afternoon practice with some meditation afterward. I'll be very happy when this short-term contract is over and I'm back to being merely a humble yoga teacher (with more free time).

1 comment:

eeyore said...

hi teacher!nice blog! me too i miss afternoon practice. perhaps at my age it is time to switch to 4:30 Mysore. or at least 9:30AM!