Monday, August 13, 2007

Day 52

I did end up taking a day of rest yesterday. I used the time as 'me time', went to the beach for awhile and spent the balance of the day reading and resting. I know that for many people, doing an hour-and-a-half of yoga would be their 'me time' but since I practice every day and treat it as a personal committment - like an important meeting - it's nice to take some time doing something lazy of my own choosing.

I found it really difficult to get up this morning. Mondays are hard to get used to. I had a really slow start, but felt better as I warmed up. My mind was a bit scattered, but I was focused for most of the practice.

I felt very stiff and sore overall. Shoulderstand was difficult today, because my low back kept cramping up. This carried over into headstand - I came up one leg at a time and didn't feel very stable in the pose.

The standing poses felt very good, though. I'm going to explore different modifications for PPK. I can't come into the full pose because keeping my foot flat on the floor seems to torque my knee. But I don't feel like I'm making any progress in the pose with the modification I'm using.

No comments: